We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative, and inerrant Word of God.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be equipped, having been thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Peter 1:20-21 Know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes by one’s own interpretation. For no prophecy was ever made by the will of man, but men being moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.
All Scripture is self‐attesting and being Truth, requires our unreserved submission in all areas of life. The infallible Word of God, the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, is a complete and unified witness to God’s redemptive acts, culminating in the incarnation of the Living Word, the Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible, uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, is the supreme and final authority on all matters on which it speaks. On this sure foundation, we affirm these additional essentials of our faith.
- There is one God, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. To Him be all honor, glory, and praise forever!
John 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.
- In the deity of Christ.
John 10:33 The Jews answered Him, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself God.”
- In Jesus’s virgin birth.
Matthew 1:23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child and shall bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which translated means, “God with us.”
- In Jesus’s sinless life.
Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things like we are, yet without sin.
- In Jesus’s miracles.
John 20:30-31 Therefore many other signs Jesus also did in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.
- In Jesus’s vicarious and atoning death.
1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
- In Jesus’s bodily resurrection.
1 Corinthians 15:4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,
- In Jesus’s ascension to the right hand of the Father.
Mark 16:19 So then, the Lord Jesus, after He had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.
- That Jesus will return to earth in power and glory.
Acts 1:11 They also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking toward heaven? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven.”
- That the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Godhead, has come to glorify Christ and seal us for the day of redemption.
Ephesians 1:13-14 In Him, you also, after listening to the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, unto the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory.
- That God offers redemption and restoration to all who repent and put their faith in Jesus Christ.
Acts 3:19-21 Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord; and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you, whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.
- That every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture.
Mark 12:29-31 Jesus answered, “The foremost is, ‘Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is one Lord; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ The second is this, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
- That salvation is by grace, a free gift of God apart from works; salvation involves repentance, in respect to God and thus turning from one’s own way to God’s way; salvation is through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, in Christ alone; all who receive Jesus Christ are regenerated by the Holy Spirit and become the children of God; and true salvation will be manifested by a changed life.
Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not of works, so that no one may boast.
- That God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
Genesis 1:26-27 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness, so that they will have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” And God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
- The term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture
Genesis 2:24-25 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother, and cleave to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.
- That God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other.
Hebrews 13:4 Marriage is to be held in honor among all, and the marriage bed is to be undefiled, for the sexually immoral and adulterers God will judge.
- That God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
1 Corinthians 6:18 Flee sexual immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral man sins against his own body.
- That all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life.
Psalm 139:13-14 For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.
- That the Lord Jesus Christ commands all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to make disciples of all nations. Obedience to the Great Commission requires total commitment to the Lord.
Matthew 28:19-20 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to keep all that I commanded you; and behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”